MMAjunkie verified the featherweight matchup between Pico (4-1 MMA, 4-1 BMMA) and Corrales (16-3 MMA, 4-3 BMMA) with a Bellator official following an initial report from latimes.com.
The event takes place Jan. 26 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., and airs on Paramount and DAZN following prelims streamed on MMAjunkie.
After losing his MMA debut in stunning fashion, Pico has been nothing short of dominant. The 22-year-old has won four consecutive fights by first-round knockout, with his most recent finish of Leandro Higo at Bellator 206 in September being the most significant of all.
Corrales will attempt to shut down the hype of Pico and extend a four-fight winning streak of his own. After dropping his first three fights with the promotion to a pair of former champions in Patricio Freire and Daniel Straus, we well as upcoming title challenger Emmanuel Sanchez, Corrales has hit his stride in a big way.
With the addition, the latest Bellator on Jan. 26 fight card now includes:
- Fedor Emelianenko vs. Ryan Bader – for heavyweight title
- Henry Corrales vs. Aaron Pico
- UFC Denver's Yair Rodriguez still hasn't let go of Zabit Magomedsharipov
- Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira rematch booked for UFC on FOX 31 in Milwaukee
- Coach: Chris Weidman's future may be 'better fit' at light heavyweight
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Aaron Pico meets Henry Corrales at Bellator in Los Angeles on Jan. 26