UFC officials announced the bout between Neal (10-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Jumeau (13-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) via stuff.co.nz.
UFC Fight Night 142 takes place Dec. 1 at Adelaide Entertainment Center in Adelaide, Australia. The card airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Neal, 28, has impressed during his short UFC career after getting a contract with the organization on the debut season of Dana White’s Contender Series. “Handz of Steel” choked out Brian Camozzi in the first round of his octagon debut at UFC Fight Night 126 in February, then in his sophomore effort produced a “Knockout of the Year” contender with a head-kick finish of Frank Camacho at UFC 228 in September.
Looking to stop Neal from going 3-0 in the UFC will be Jumeau, 30, who has alternated wins and losses over his three-fight run with the promotion. He’s 8-1 in his past nine fights, though, and is coming off a victory over Daichi Abe at UFC 221 in February.
“He’s a striker so I think we’ll both be looking to put on a show and try and knock each other out,” Jumeau told stuff.co.nz of the booking. “I always approach every fight the same way – potentially it could be my last. All the fights leading up to the UFC, every fight in the UFC, it’s a cutthroat business so I’m just going to go in there and give it my all.”
With the addition, the latest UFC Fight Night 142 lineup includes:
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Mark Hunt vs. Justin Willis
- Tyson Pedro vs. Mauricio Rua
- Ben Nguyen vs. Wilson Reis
- Paul Craig vs. Jim Crute
- Kai Kara-France vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
- Alexey Kunchenko vs. Yushin Okami
- Luke Jumeau vs. Geoff Neal
- Anderson Silva eyes Conor McGregor at 180-pound catchweight: 'It's not about money'
- Ryan Bader: Derrick Lewis could be Daniel Cormier's 'easiest fight in a long, long time'
- Enson Inoue on UFC 229 brawl: Khabib's emotions deeper because he's not in it for sport
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: After epic kick KO, Geoff Neal booked vs. Luke Jumeau at UFC Fight Night 142