A heavyweight matchup is the latest addition to the UFC’s first event of 2020.
Aleksei Oleinik (57-12-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC) will take on Maurice Greene (8-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at UFC 246, a person with knowledge of the booking told MMA Junkie. The person requested anonymity since the UFC has yet to make an announcement.
Oleinik has dropped his past two in a row, suffering knockout losses at the hands of Alistair Overeem and, most recently, Walt Harris at UFC on ESPN 4 in July. With more than 70 pro fights on his resume, the Russian veteran will look to avoid a three-fight losing skid when he takes on “Ultimate Fighter” alum Greene.
Greene, who started off his UFC tenure at 3-0, recently saw his winning streak come to a halt when he lost by first-round TKO to Sergei Pavlovich in October.
UFC 246 doesn’t have an announced location yet, but is expected to take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims expected for ESPN and early prelims on ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass.
With the addition, the UFC 246 lineup now includes:
- Maycee Barber vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Drew Dober vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Grant Dawson vs. Chas Skelly
- Maurice Greene vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Bellator Europe 6 ceremonial weigh-in video highlights: 'MVP' upstaged by Edwards-Shipman scuffle
- Sage Northcutt plans to drop back down to 155 pounds for next ONE Championship fight
- UFC confirms London return on March 21
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Aleksei Oleinik vs. Maurice Greene added to UFC 246 in January