MMAjunkie verified the booking with a person with knowledge of the fight, who said verbal agreements are in place for the matchup between Overeem (43-17 MMA, 8-6 UFC) and Pavlovich (12-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC). The person requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to make an official announcement. The booking first was reported by MMA journalist Farah Hannoun.
UFC Fight Night 141 takes place Nov. 24 at Cadillac Arena in Beijing. The entire card streams on UFC Fight Pass.
Overeem, No. 8 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA heavyweight rankings, is coming off a pair of knockout losses to Curtis Blaydes at UFC 225 in June and Francis Ngannou at UFC 218 in December 2017. The 38-year-old recently relocated to Team Elevation in Colorado, where he now trains alongside Blaydes, who meets Ngannou in the UFC Fight Night 141 main event.
The former Strikeforce and DREAM champ will attempt to get back on track against Pavlovich, who gets a noteworthy fight from the jump of his UFC career. The Russian fighter will relinquish the Fight Nights Global heavyweight belt, which he most recently defended against Kirill Sidelnikov at Fight Nights Global 79 in November.
The latest UFC Fight Night 141 card includes:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Francis Ngannou
- Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich
- Lauren Mueller vs. Wu Yanan
- Rashad Coulter vs. Hu Yaozong
- Jessica Aguilar vs. Weili Zhang
- Syuri Kondo vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Frankie Saenz vs. Song Yadong
- Derrick Lewis says he's 100 percent for UFC 230, warns Daniel Cormier to take him seriously
- Nainoa Dung vs. Kona Oliveira is fifth main-card fight at Bellator 213 in Hawaii
- Greg Hardy gets 6-foot-7 opponent for fourth MMA bout on UFC Fight Pass
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Alistair Overeem draws FNG champ Sergey Pavlovich for UFC Beijing co-main event