UFC 244 continues to add more BMFs, so to speak.
Andrei Arlovski (28-18-2 MMA, 17-12-1 UFC) is the latest addition to the marquee fight card. As first reported by Newsday, the former UFC heavyweight champion will take on the undefeated Jair Rozenstruik (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) on Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Arlovski gets back to work two months after a decision victory over Ben Rothwell at UFC on ESPN 4. It was his second win over Rothwell following a knockout in 2008 under the now-defunct Affliction banner.
Prior to the rematch, Arlovski was in dire need of a boost with an 0-3-1 run that included four straight decision losses before a drug test nixed a decision win at UFC 232 for Walt Harris.
Arlovski measures Rozenstruik’s heavyweight potential, which looks promising after a pair of knockout wins marked the Surinamese fighter’s first octagon appearances.
The last time Rozenstruik set foot in the cage, it took him just 9 seconds to dispatch Allen Crowder. The knockout was the second-fastest in UFC heavyweight history behind Todd Duffee’s 7-second finish at UFC 102.
The latest UFC 244 lineup includes:
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis
- Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
- Vicente Luque vs. Stephen Thompson
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
- Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Jair Rozenstruik
- Gregor Gillespie calls out Paul Felder for UFC 244, also open to fighting Kevin Lee
- Robert Whittaker doesn't see Khabib Nurmagomedov losing anytime soon
- Edson Barboza adamant he beat Paul Felder at UFC 242; Felder down for 5-round trilogy
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Andrei Arlovski vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik set for UFC 244