Hill (8-4 MMA, 3-4 UFC) needs a new opponent for next month’s event after Grasso (10-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) was forced to withdraw from the matchup for undisclosed reasons.
MMAjunkie verified the change with a person with knowledge of the situation. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity since UFC officials haven’t made a formal announcement. ESPN.com first reported the news.
UFC Fight Night 135 takes place Aug. 25 at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Neb. It airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Grasso will have to wait a little longer to return to the octagon after suffering the most decisive loss of her career, which came in her most recent outing. The 24-year-old Mexican prospect succumbed to a first-round submission from Tatiana Suarez at UFC Fight Night 129 in May in what was the first stoppage loss of her career.
Hill, No. 11 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA women’s strawweight rankings, will hope to get a new opponent so she can carry the momentum forward following the biggest win over her career. The 33-year-old former Invicta FC titleholder beat Maryna Moroz by unanimous decision at UFC on FOX 28 in February.
The latest UFC Fight Night 135 bout now includes:
- Justin Gaethje vs. James Vick
- Angela Hill vs. TBA
- Andre Fili vs. Michael Johnson
- Antonio Braga Neto vs. Andrew Sanchez
- Eryk Anders vs. Tim Williams
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Cory Sandhagen
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. John Moraga
- Luke Sanders vs. Rani Yahya
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Kalindra Faria
- Drew Dober vs. Jon Tuck
- Mickey Gall vs. George Sullivan
- Bryan Barberena vs. Jake Ellenberger
- Daily Debate results: Daniel Cormier or Demetrious Johnson as No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter?
- Injury knocks Volkan Oezdemir out of UFC 227 bout with Alexander Gustafsson
- Brian Ortega details meeting with 'pretty pissed off' Dana White after UFC 226 co-headliner fell apart
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Angela Hill needs new opponent after Alexa Grasso withdraws from UFC Lincoln