Belal Muhammad has a new opponent for next month’s UFC Fight Night 131 event in New York.
Muhammad announced the change, though a reason wasn’t given for Price’s removal (via Instagram):
The bout, first reported by @mmawizzard, takes place June 1 at Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, N.Y. It’s part of the FS1-televised preliminary card, which follows the UFC Fight Pass early prelims and precedes the FS1-televised main card.
Muhammad, a 29-year-old former Titan FC champion, has won three straight UFC fights and four off his past five. The run included a November split-decision victory over Tim Means. After going 3-0 in 2017, he now fights for the first time in 2018.
Rencountre makes his short-notice UFC debut on the strength of a four-fight winning streak, which has included stoppages in his past three victories. The 31-year-old Oklahoman, who’s a member of the Osage Nation and a lifelong wrestler, turned pro in 2013.
The full UFC Fight Night 131 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (FS1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jimmie Rivera vs. Marlon Moraes
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Vinc Pichel
- Walt Harris vs. Daniel Spitz
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Ben Saunders
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Teymur
- Sam Alvey vs. Gian Villante
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Lauren Murphy
- Nik Lentz vs. Leonardo Santos
- Belal Muhammad vs. Chance Rencountre
- Desmond Green vs. Gleison Tibau
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Jessica Aguilar vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Jarred Brooks vs. Hector Sandoval
- Tecia Torres says Joanna Jedrzejczyk trained with 'lower-tier girls' at ATT
- UFC's Julian Marquez: Middleweights get ignored because of Conor McGregor, Khabib Nurmagomedov
- UFC featherweight Charles Rosa on comeback from neck injury
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Belal Muhammad gets new opponent for UFC Fight Night 131 in Utica