Dos Santos (19-5 MMA, 5-1 UFC) and Muhammad (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) both verified the matchup on social media following an initial report from agfight.com.br.
UFC Fight Night 137 takes place Sept. 22 at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. The event airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.
Brazil’s dos Santos, 31, is riding a five-fight winning streak at 170 pounds. He hasn’t lost since May 2015 and is coming off a first-round knockout of Sean Strickland at UFC 224 in May that stemmed from a beautiful spinning kick.
Looking to stop dos Santos’ momentum is the American Muhammad, 30, who is on a nice four-fight winning streak of his own. He’s doing his best to make people “Remember The Name” with his run of victories, which most recently featured a unanimous decision win over Chance Rencountre at UFC Fight Night 131 in June.
The latest UFC Fight Night 137 card now includes:
- Alex Chambers vs. Livia Renata Souza
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Belal Muhammad
- Why UFC Boise's Sage Northcutt believes third try at welterweight will be different
- Twitter Mailbag: Is Daniel Cormier vs. Brock Lesnar a guaranteed hit?
- Niko Price, 'bored' with American Top Team, opened own gym ahead of UFC Boise
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Belal Muhammad vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos added to UFC Fight Night 137 in Brazil