The weigh-ins are in the books for Friday’s Bellator 207 event, the first of back-to-back cards for the promotion.
Heavyweight tournament semifinalists Matt Mitrione (13-5 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) and Ryan Bader (25-5 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) naturally had no trouble on the scale. Mitrione, a natural heavyweight, was 255 pounds. He’ll have a weight advantage of more than 25 pounds against Bader, Bellator’s light heavyweight champion, who was 229.5.
In the co-main event, veteran heavyweights Sergei Kharitonov (27-6 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) and Roy Nelson (23-15 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) got in just under the limit. Kharitonov was 265; Nelson was 263.75.
The only fighter to miss weight was bantamweight Mike Kimbel (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA), who was a half-pound too heavy at 136.5 for his fight against Alex Potts (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) on the prelims.
The full Bellator 207 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN 9 p.m. ET)
- Matt Mitrione (255) vs. Ryan Bader (229.5)
- Sergei Kharitonov (265) vs. Roy Nelson (263.75)
- Lorenz Larkin (171) vs. Ion Pascu (169.5)
- Corey Browning (155) vs. Kevin Ferguson Jr. (154.75)
- Carrington Banks (154.75) vs. Mandel Nallo (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)
- Kemran Lachinov (174.5) vs. Sean Lally (174) – 175-pound catchweight
- Tim Caron (184.5) vs. Vinicius de Jesus (186)
- Janay Harding (145) vs. Sinead Kavanagh (145)
- Andre Fialho (177) vs. Javier Torres (176) – 177-pound catchweight
- Sarah Click (125) vs. Kristi Lopez (125)
- Mike Kimbel (136.5)* vs. Alex Potts (135.75)
- Alexandra Ballou (125.5) vs. Lisa Blaine (125.25)
- Pat Casey (170.75) vs. Kastriot Xhema (171)
*Kimbel missed the bantamweight limit and will be fined a portion of his fight purse.
- 5 reasons to watch Bellator 207: Who's headed for a title shot, Mitrione or Bader?
- Bellator President Scott Coker: UFC 229 brawl 'a black eye for the sport'
- Bellator 208 face-offs: Getting closer to the Fedor-Sonnen throwdown in New York
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Bellator 207 weigh-in results: Mitrione (255), Bader (229.5) official for main event