Bellator returns to England in February and a former lightweight title challenger will headline the card.
But now the rest of the event has taken shape in Newcastle, and it’s packed with many of the promotion’s recent European signings.
Bellator Europe 1 takes place Feb. 9 at Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England. In the headliner, which is expected to stream on Bellator’s app, Patricky Freire (20-8 MMA, 13-7 BMMA) will take on BAMMA champion Ryan Scope (12-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).
Also on the card, Newcastle native and former reality star Aaron Chalmers (4-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) will fight against an opponent still to be determined. And the main card will feature a lightweight bout between Terry Brazier (10-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and Chris Bungard (11-4 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and a middleweight bout between Fabian Edwards (5-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and former Cage Warriors champion Lee Chadwick (24-13-1) MMA, 0-0 BMMA).
The event will be part of Bellator’s recent major expansion in Europe. Bellator first went to Newcastle nearly a year ago for Bellator 191, where Michael McDonald outworked Peter Ligier in the main event and upcoming women’s flyweight title challenger Valerie Letourneau made her promotional debut with a win over Kate Jackson.
The Bellator Europe 1 lineup now includes:
- Patricky Freire vs. Ryan Scope
- Aaron Chalmers vs. TBD
- Terry Brazier vs. Chris Bungard
- Lee Chadwick vs. Fabian Edwards
- Arunas Andriuskevicus vs. James Mulheron
- Lewis Long vs. Jim Wallhead
- Cal Ellenor vs. Nathan Greyson
- Colin Fletcher vs. Mehrdad Janzemini
- Ashley Reece vs. John Ross
- Bailey Gilbert vs. Dominique Wooding
- Ranjeet Baria vs. Nathan Rose
- Karl Etherington vs. Darren Towler
- Paul Elliott vs. Mindaugas Gerve
- Dan Ige didn't feel like fighting, but 15 minutes of UFC experience is something money can't buy
- Trading Shots: What does it take to make an MMA retirement stick?
- With Bellator title shot secured, Neiman Gracie says he was 'born and bred' to be champ
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Bellator announces full card for European series event in Newcastle