A ranked bantamweight will return in March at UFC 222.
UFC officials announced the fight via reviewjournal.com.
UFC 222 takes place March 3 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Caraway is coming off back-to-back decision wins over standouts Eddie Wineland and Aljamain Sterling, and he’s now 4-1 over his past five fights. However, the 33-year-old WEC vet and “The Ultimate Fighter 14” semifinalist fought once in 2015, once in 2016, and not at all in 2017 due to injuries.
He now meets Stamann, who picked up decision victories over Terrion Ware and Tom Duquesnoy in his firs two UFC bouts. The 28-year-old, who launched his career in 2011 on the Midwest regional circuit, now has an overall winning streak of nine fights.
The latest UFC 222 card includes:
- Champ Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar – for featherweight title
- C.B. Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Stefan Struve
- Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Ashley Yoder
- Ketlen Vieira vs. Cat Zingano
- Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann
- UFC's Amanda Ribas 'humiliated and victimized,' warns fellow fighters after two-year suspension
- Listen to today's UFC 220 media call Miocic, Ngannou, Cormier and Oezdemir at 5 p.m. ET
- MMAjunkie's '2017 Moments of the Year': The 10 storylines that shaped our traffic
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann slated for UFC 222 in Las Vegas