And just like that, UFC welterweight Curtis Millender is wasting no time trying to get back on track.
Millender, coming off a loss last week, is set to meet Belal Muhammad at UFC 236, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to MMA Junkie. The person requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to announce the matchup. MMA journalist Farrah Hannoun was first to report the booking Thursday night.
UFC 236 takes place April 13 at State Farm Arena in Atlanta and airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass.
Millender (17-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) had his nine-fight winning streak snapped last week at UFC on ESPN+ 4 when he was submitted by Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos in the first round of their co-headliner. Prior to the loss, Millender had won his first three bouts in the UFC.
Muhammad (14-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC), meanwhile, also will look to rebound from his latest setback. Muhammad had a four-fight winning streak snapped in January when he lost a unanimous decision to Geoff Neal at UFC on ESPN+ 1.
With the addition, the latest UFC 236 lineup includes:
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier – for interim lightweight title
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya – for interim featherweight
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Wilson Reis
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
- Poliana Botelho vs. Lauren Mueller
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- UFC on ESPN+ 5 official weigh-in video highlights, photo gallery
- Photos: UFC London official weigh-ins
- The MMA Road Show with John Morgan, No. 207 – London: Darren Till, Jorge Masvidal, Dominick Reyes, Simon Head
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Curtis Millender makes quick turnaround, meets Belal Muhammad at UFC 236