Dana White’s Contender Series 25 takes place Tuesday at UFC Apex in Las Vegas, and the 10 fighters involved hit the scales Monday to make the contests official.
Featuring fighters vying for an opportunity to earn a UFC deal, Dana White’s Contender Series 24 streams live on Tuesday at 8 p.m. (5 p.m. PT local time) on ESPN+. In the night’s main event, welterweight prospect Leon Shahbazyan (7-1), brother of current UFC middleweight Edmen Shahbazyan, faces Phil Rowe (6-2), a Florida-based prospect known as “The Fresh Prince.”
There was one issue at Monday’s weigh-ins, with bantamweight Steve Garcia (9-3) registering 139.5 pounds on his first trip to the scale and making it clear he wouldn’t be able to cut any additional weight. He was fined 35 percent of his purse for the miss, but his bout with Desmond Torres (7-1) goes on as scheduled.
Weigh-in results include:
- Leon Shahbazyan (171) vs. Philip Rowe (171)
- Marcos Brigagao (202.5) vs. Jamal Pogues (206)
- Desmond Torres (135) vs. Steve Garcia (139.5)*
- Micol Di Segni (115.5) vs. Mallory Martin (115.5)
- Phil Caracappa (135.5) vs. Ricky Steele (136)
* Garcia fined 35 percent of his purse, bout goes on as scheduled
- Jorge Masvidal: If UFC opens up the checkbook, 'I'll fight King Kong in his prime'
- Anthony Pettis says there's 'no beef' with Ben Askren after Jorge Masvidal praise
- Urijah Faber ponders Henry Cejudo's callout: 'Does he really want some?'
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Dana White's Contender Series 25 weigh-ins results, photos, video highlights