A Bellator official today informed MMAjunkie of the matchup between Weichel (39-10 MMA, 8-2 BMMA) and Yamauchi (22-4 MMA, 8-3 BMMA).
Bellator 210 takes place Nov. 30 at WinStar World Casino & Resort in Thackerville, Okla. The main card airs on Paramount and streams on DAZN, following MMAjunkie-streamed prelims.
Weichel, 33, a former two-time title challenger in the featherweight division, will move to lightweight for the first time in his nearly five-year Bellator tenure. He hasn’t fought at 155 pounds since February 2013, but after two failed title bids against 145-pound champion Patricio Freire, is making a change.
Yamauchi, 25, will attempt to get back on track after suffering a unanimous-decision loss to Michael Chandler at Bellator 192 in January. The submission specialist had won six of seven prior to the bout and will try to start another winning streak at Bellator 210.
The latest Bellator 210 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN, 9 p.m. ET)
- Chidi Njokuani vs. John Salter
- David Rickels vs. Bomba Vasconcelos
- Juan Archuleta vs. Jeremy Spoon
- Bruna Ellen vs. Kristina Williams
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)
- Jose Leija vs. Joe Schilling
- Scott Futrell vs. Mike Shipman
- Dominic Mazzotta vs. Brandon Phillips
- Adil Benjilany vs. Daniel Carey
- Chris Honeycutt vs. Costello Van Steenis
- Daniel Weichel vs. Goiti Yamauchi
- Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with Paul Felder and Phil Davis
- Donald Cerrone cool and collected at UFC Denver media day – until Mike Winkeljohn comes up
- Maycee Barber wants Mackenzie Dern after UFC Fight Night 139: 'She can't run away from me'
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Daniel Weichel moves to lightweight, meets Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 210