A welterweight bout is the latest addition to the UFC on ESPN+ 21 lineup.
The promotion officially announced the booking Monday morning. Sportsbox.ru was first to report the news this past Thursday.
Roberts has been finished in his two most recent outings. In March, Roberts was submitted by Brazil’s Claudio Silva in the third round of their UFC on ESPN+ 5 contest.
In May, Roberts was on the receiving end of a highlight-reel promotional debut by Michel Pereira at UFC on ESPN+ 10. After he ate a flying knee from the high-flying Brazilian, Roberts was clocked with a vicious straight punch that left his unconscious.
His opponent, Russia’s Imadaev, will get a home fight on Nov. 9. The 24-year-old made his promotional debut at UFC 236 in July when he squared off with Max Griffin. The build-up to the contest became personal after Imadaev allegedly approached Griffin numerous times at the fighter hotel. According to Griffin, things got so ugly, the police were forced to get involved.
When the dust settled, Griffin’s hand was raised and he earned a majority decision victory.
With the addition, the UFC on ESPN+ 21 lineup includes:
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Alexander Volkov
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. David Zawada
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Roman Kopylov vs. Karl Roberson
- Vinc Pichel vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Klidson Abreu
- Ed Herman vs. Gadzhimurad Antigulov
- Danny Roberts vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Grigorii Popov vs. Davey Grant
- Kevin Lee wants Islam Makhachev at UFC Moscow, but Makhachev says he calls the shots
- Tyron Woodley wants Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington, then a move to middleweight
- MMA Junkie Radio #2984: Gaethje's win over 'Cowboy,' McGregor, Woodley and more
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Danny Roberts to return against Zelim Imadaev at UFC on ESPN+ 21