Former UFC championNicco Montano is set to return to the octagon on home turf.
Montano, who trains out of Jackson Wink MMA in Albuquerque, N.M., will meet Macy Chiasson in a bantamweight bout at UFC Rio Rancho. That fight, along with Devin Clark vs. Gadzhimurad Antigulov at light heavyweight, are the latest additions to the card set for Feb. 15 at Santa Ana Star Center.
The UFC announced the matchups via the Albuquerque Journal.
Montano (4-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC), the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champ after winning “The Ultimate Fighter 26,” will look to rebound from a loss in her UFC bantamweight debut against Julianna Pena in July.
Chiasson (5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC), the Season 28 winner of “The Ultimate Fighter” as a featherweight, hasn’t competed at 145 pounds in three fights since the show ended. She’d won two straight at bantamweight before losing to Lina Lansberg by unanimous decision in September at UFC on ESPN+ 18.
Clark (10-4 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Antigulov (20-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC) also will be looking to rebound from losses in their fight. Clark has alternated wins and losses and is 2-3 in five fights since October 2017. Antigulov, meanwhile, is on a two-fight skid and most recently was knocked out by Michał Oleksiejczuk in April.
With the additions, the latest UFC Rio Rancho fight card includes:
- Corey Anderson vs. Jan Blachowicz
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Rogerio Bontorin vs. Ray Borg
- Macy Chiasson vs. Nicco Montano
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Devin Clark
- Glenn Robinson's daughters to Colby Covington: Don't use our father's death to promote UFC 245
- Nate Marquardt plans 2020 return, explains decision to resume MMA career: 'God spoke to me'
- Justin Gaethje 'not going to be a tool,' content staying patient for UFC title shot
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Ex-UFC champ Nicco Montano to face Macy Chiasson at Feb. 15 event in New Mexico