A featherweight contest is the fifth and final main-card matchup at next month’s Bellator 208.
Bellator officials today informed MMAjunkie that Henry Corrales (15-3 MMA, 3-3 BMMA) will face Andy Main (12-3-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at the Oct. 13 event, which takes place at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y. The night’s main card airs concurrently on Paramount and DAZN following prelims on MMAjunkie.
Corrales enters the contest on the strength of a three-fight winning streak that includes victories over Georgi Karakhanyan, Noad Lahat and Cody Bollinger. “OK” Corrales is now a contender in the division after initially suffering three consecutive losses to start his Bellator run prior to embarking on his current winning streak.
Meanwhile, Main is probably best known as a contestant on “The Ultimate Fighter 12” in 2010. However, he’s since gone 8-2-1 in professional contests while competing around the globe, including stints for Japan’s legendary Pancrase organization and South Korea’s ROAD FC. Earlier this month, Main picked up a win over Saul Almeida at LFA 49.
With the addition to the card Bellator 208 now includes:
MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN, 9 p.m. ET)
- Fedor Emelianenko vs. Chael Sonnen – heavyweight grand prix semifinal
- Saad Awad vs. Benson Henderson
- Timothy Johnson vs. Cheick Kongo
- Alexander Shlemenko vs. Anatoly Tokov
- Henry Corrales vs. Andy Main
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)
- Robson Gracie Jr. vs. Peter Nascimento
- Suhrob Aidarbekov vs. Tommy Espinosa
- Frank Buenafuente vs. James Gonzalez
- Eric Olsen vs. Jeremy Puglia
- Mike DiOrio vs. Andrews Rodriguez
- Dennis Buzukja vs. Ryan Castro
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Christian Medina
- Nick Fiore vs. Jerome Mickle
- Take a sneak peek at Bellator 206's official event T-shirt
- Michael Chandler tells Patricky Freire to 'go ahead' and take Brent Primus title bout
- What does Rory MacDonald have to do to get us to change our minds about what a Bellator title means?
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Henry Corrales vs. Andy Main rounds out five-fight main card at next month's Bellator 208