It’s a rematch five years in the making, and it’ll happen at UFC 232.
Jon Jones will make his return to the octagon Dec. 29 against Alexander Gustafsson, two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed to MMAjunkie following an initial report by ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. The Jones-Gustafson rematch will be for the light heavyweight title, which current champion Daniel Cormier officially will be stripped of once the bell rings.
UFC 232 takes place Dec. 29 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and airs on pay-per-view.
More to come.
With the addition, the UFC 232 card now includes:
- Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson – for light heavyweight title
- Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes
- Corey Anderson vs. Ilir Latifi
- Ryan Hall vs. B.J. Penn
- Arnold Allen vs. Gilbert Melendez
- Michael Chiesa vs. Carlos Condit
- Our apologies if this UFC 230 column is obsolete by the time you read it
- Someone used John Malkovich's UFC 229 narration in a Cormier-Lewis hype video, and it's perfect
- Daniel Cormier: UFC wants me to relinquish light heavyweight belt for Jones-Gustafsson 2 title fight
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson 2 set for UFC 232; Daniel Cormier to be stripped of title