The UFC has found a late-replacement opponent for Glover Teixeira.
UFC on ESPN+ 1 takes place Jan. 19 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., and streams on ESPN+ with prelims on ESPN.
Roberson, 28, officially joined the UFC in November 2017 after earning his roster spot with a win on the first season of Dana White’s Contender Series. Roberson is 2-1 in the UFC, with his most recent fight a unaninmous-decision win over Jack Marshman at UFC 230.
Former title challenger Teixeira is on an up-and-down run in his past six fights. He’s looking to rebound from a decision loss to Corey Anderson this past July in Germany. Prior to that, he had a TKO win over Misha Cirkunov in December 2017. Teixeira was supposed to fight Jimi Manuwa in September, but an injury knocked him out of the fight.
The UFC on ESPN+ 1 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw – for flyweight title
- Allen Crowder vs. Greg Hardy
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Rachael Ostovich vs. Paige VanZant
- Karl Roberson vs. Glover Teixeira
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
- Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Moreira
- Cory Sandhagen vs. TBA
PRELIMINARY CARD (6:30 p.m. ET)
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards
- Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal
- Randy Brown vs. Chance Rencountre
- Ion Cutelaba seeks quick rebooking with Glover Teixeira after UFC on ESPN+ 1 withdrawal
- Conor McGregor rips Khabib Nurmagmoedov, Paulie Malignaggi in one Instagram post
- Dominick Reyes ready to jump the line, fight for UFC title in 2019
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Karl Roberson steps in on short notice to fight Glover Teixeira at UFC on ESPN+ 1