The UFC makes its return to Canada on Saturday with UFC 231, which takes place at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, and airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Two championship fights take center stage atop the card. Featherweight champion Max Holloway (19-3 MMA, 15-3 UFC) will finally clash with Brian Ortega (14-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) in the main event, while Valentina Shevchenko (15-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Joanna Jedrzejczyk (15-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) will decide the next women’s flyweight titleholder in the headliner.
Outside of the title fights, the card has a plethora of recognizable names and key matchups across multiple weight classes.
The latest addition to the card is UFC newcomer Kyle Nelson (12-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) who steps in on just days’ notice to take Diego Ferreira (13-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) after Jesse Ronson was on Tuesday deemed medically unfit to cut weight.
The finalized UFC 231 lineup, including start times and broadcast plans, is as follows:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Alex Oliveira
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jessica Eye
- Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET)
- Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez
- Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima
- Diego Ferreira vs. Kyle Nelson
- Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- UFC 231 prelims pre-event facts: Can Nina Ansaroff handle Claudia Gadelha's takedowns?
- UFC 231 pre-event facts: Get reacquainted with Max Holloway's epic resume after long layoff
- Brian Ortega calls UFC champ Max Holloway 'delirious,' then verbally hugs it out
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Late addition sees 13-bout lineup finalized for deep UFC 231 fight card in Toronto