LFA 75 delivered four finishes in six fights on the main card Friday night.
In the main card curtain-jerker, 41-year-old Eric Iman squared off with 23-year-old opponent Tony Darling. After he faced adversity early from his foe 18 years the younger, Iman connected with a brutal punch. The shot sent Darling’s unconscious body crashing to the canvas.
Check out the highlights in the video above from LFA 75, which took place at Maverik Center in Salt Lake City and aired on AXS TV.
In the main event, featherweight Andrew Cruz (7-3) tapped out Jon Neal (10-2) by second-round rear-naked choke. The U.S. staff sergeant Cruz utilized his wrestling, pressure, and cardio to control Neal from the opening bell. The victory is Cruz’s third-straight, while Neal has now lost back-to-back outings.
LFA 75 results included:
- Andrew Cruz (7-3) def. Jon Neal (10-2) via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:28
- Mauro Chaulet (14-6) def. Samson Phommabout(5-2) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Bobby King (7-3) defeated Westin Wilson (7-5) via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Miles Hunsinger (7-0) def Nathan Kearsley (6-5) via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:46
- Ty Gwerder (4-0) def. Mike Jones (7-6) via TKO (liver kick) – Round 1, 2:20
- Eric Iman (8-5) def. Tony Darling (2-1) via KO (left hook) – Round 1, 1:28
- Scott Coker says Frank Mir gave thumbs up on Roy Nelson fight, loser could get cut
- Omari Akhmedov ready for top-tier opponent after grinding win over Zak Cummings
- Sarah Moras hopes UFC 242 win that snapped skid keeps her in promotion
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: LFA 75 highlights: 41-year-old vs. 23-year-old ends in KO; the winner may surprise you