Manny Bermudez will look to rebound from his first career loss and is moving up to featherweight.
He will take on Charles Rosa at UFC on ESPN 6 in Boston in a featherweight bout, a person with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie on Friday. The person requested anonymity since the UFC has yet to make an announcement.
UFC on ESPN 6 takes place Oct. 18 at TD Garden in Boston. The card airs on ESPN 2.
Bermudez (14-1 MMA, 3-1) saw his undefeated record come to a halt, when he suffered a unanimous decision loss to Casey Kenney at UFC 241. The former bantamweight had agreed to a catchweight fight at 140 pounds with Kenney, due to difficulties in the process making the cut down to 135 pounds.
He was advised to move up a weight division by the California State Athletic Commission at UFC 241, one of six fighters who put on at least 15% or more of their weight back on after weigh-ins.
Rosa (11-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) hasn’t competed in over two years, and is coming off a third round TKO loss to Shane Burgos at UFC 210. The Massachusetts native will get an opportunity to fight close to home for the third time in his UFC career, where he is 2-0 in Boston.
With the addition, UFC on ESPN 6 now includes:
- Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman
- Calvin Kattar vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
- Maycee Barber vs. Gillian Robertson
- Darren Stewart vs. Deron Winn
- Joe Lauzon vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Tanner Boser vs. Daniel Spitz
- Diana Belbita vs. Molly McCann
- Brendan Allen vs. Eric Spicely
- Randy Costa vs. Boston Salmon
- Sean Brady vs. Court McGee
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Sean Woodson
- Manny Bermudez vs. Charles Rosa
- Zabit Magomedsharipov out of UFC on ESPN 6 co-main event against Calvin Kattar
- New end-of-year UFC Honors to be chosen by Dana White, fans
- UFC on ESPN+ 16 official weigh-in video highlights, photo gallery
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Manny Bermudez vs. Charles Rosa slated for UFC on ESPN 6 in Boston