The (new) main event is set for UFC Fight Night 136, which marks the UFC’s debut in Russia.
As previously reported, Mark Hunt (13-12-1 MMA, 8-6-1 UFC) has replaced former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum (23-8-1 MMA, 11-5 UFC), who’s sidelined by a potential doping violation, and now fights Aleksei Oleinik (56-11-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC).
UFC Fight Night 136 takes place Sept. 15 at Olympic Stadium in Moscow. The entire event streams on UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Hunt, No. 11 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA heavyweight rankings, enters the event with just one victory in his past four fights. The 44-year-old Australia-based New Zealander is coming off a unanimous-decision loss to Curtis Blaydes at UFC 221 in February. A bout prior, he scored a “Fight of the Night” bonus for his TKO win over Derrick Lewis.
Oleinik gets a hometown fight and will surely be the crowd favorite. The 40-year-old submission ace scored another rare Ezekiel-choke finish in his most recent bout, which came against Junior Albini in May. He’s now on a 3-1 run with 14 victories in his past 16 fights. Of his 56 career wins, 44 have come via submission and eight via knockout
The latest UFC Fight Night 136 card includes:
- Mark Hunt vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Andrei Arlovski
- Omari Akhmedov vs. C.B. Dollaway
- Merab Dvalishvili vs. Terrion Ware
- Did Vitor Belfort just confirm Mark Hunt vs. Aleksei Oleinik at UFC Moscow?
- UFC Hamburg pre-event facts: Can 'Shogun' Rua extend best streak in 11 years?
- UFC Hamburg co-main event breakdown: Wrestling key to Glover Teixeira vs. Corey Anderson?
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Mark Hunt vs. Aleksei Oleinik official as Moscow's UFC Fight Night 136 headliner