Next month’s UFC Fight Night 135 event and return to Nebraska has two new bouts.
UFC officials announced the bouts via journalstar.com.
UFC Fight Night 135 takes place Aug. 25 at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Neb. It airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Gall looks to rebound from his first career loss, which came via unanimous decision to Randy Brown at UFC 217, and now fights for the first time in 2018. Before the setback, the 26-year-old made a quick splash in the UFC with submission wins over Mike Jackson, Phil “CM Punk” Brooks and Sage Northcutt.
He now meets Sullivan, who could be fighting for his UFC future. The former and longtime CFFC champion had a solid start to his UFC career beginning in 2014, but the 37-year-old is in a 1-3 skid with recent stoppage losses to Alexander Yakovlev and Niko Price.
Alcantara, meanwhile, fights for the 18th time under the UFC banner. The 37-year-old Brazilian recently rebounded from back-to-back losses to Brian Kelleher and Alejandro Perez with a 66-second TKO victory over former title challenger Joe Soto in February. It netted the well-rounded vet his fourth UFC fight-night bonus – all of which have come in his past six fights.
He now fights Sandhagen, a former LFA fighter who recently made his UFC debut. At UFC on FOX 27 in January, the 26-year-old picked up a TKO win over Austin Arnett for his third straight stoppage victory.
The latest UFC Fight Night 135 card includes:
- Justin Gaethje vs. James Vick
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. John Moraga
- Angela Hill vs. Alexa Grasso
- Drew Dober vs. Jon Tuck
- Luke Sanders vs. Rani Yahya
- Eryk Anders vs. Tim Williams
- Antonio Braga Neto vs. Andrew Sanchez
- Andre Fili vs. Michael Johnson
- Mickey Gall vs. George Sullivan
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Cory Sandhagen
- USADA ordeal behind him, Junior Dos Santos ready for UFC Boise – and high-stakes trilogy after
- Henry Cejudo on Demetrious Johnson title rematch: 'If I can't get him now, when am I going to get him?'
- Daniel Cormier on Yoel Romero's callout: 'You don't fail a class and then get moved up a grade'
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Mickey Gall and Iuri Alcantara among Nebraska's UFC Fight Night 135 additions