Monday’s edition of MMA Junkie Radio with hosts “Gorgeous” George and “Goze” is here!
On Episode 2,992 of the podcast, the guys unpack a busy weekend in MMA, first and foremost the results of UFC on ESPN+ 19, as well as PFL Playoffs 1, Bellator Europe 5/230, and Rizin FF 19.
- Yes, Joanna Jedrzejczyk won by unanimous decision over Michelle Waterson nearly by clean sweep on the judges’ scorecards, but she certainly didn’t run away with it. The UFC on ESPN+ 19 headliner is hard to describe, actually.
- As for Jedrzejczyk’s fight with the scale prior to the matchup, what was that all about anyway?
- It turns out Cub Swanson wasn’t just a stepping stone for Kron Gracie after all. (No, Kron, you didn’t win.)
- James Vick and Thomas Gifford were the victims of absolutely brutal knockouts. As far as Vick goes, that’s four losses in a row for a guy who was on the rise not long ago. Where does he go from here?
- Deiveson Figueiredo submitted Tim Elliott with a guillotine choke, but did he hold it for too long? Elliott sure seemed to think so.
- Does Henry Cejudo need to relinquish one of his UFC titles, or can he defend them both?
- 2019 PFL, Playoffs 1 was a night that certainly didn’t unfold the way everyone thought it would. You mean we’re NOT getting Kayla Harrison vs. Sarah Kaufman in the women’s lightweight final???
- At Bellator Europe 5/230, Melvin Manhoef and Alessio Sakara proved they have plenty more to give.
Stream or download this and all episodes of MMA Junkie Radio over at AudioBoom, or check it out above. You can also catch it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and more. A new episode of the podcast is released every Monday and Thursday.
- Doo Ho Choi calls for Cub Swanson rematch at UFC on ESPN+ 23 in South Korea
- Matt Frevola had no thought of tapping to Luis Pena at UFC Tampa
- Miguel Baeza found out DWCS and first official UFC fight are two different animals
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: MMA Junkie Radio #2992: Unpacking UFC on ESPN+ 19, PFL Playoffs 1, more