England and Ireland will square off for the flyweight title next month in the Cage Warriors 99 main event.
Champion Nathan Greyson (6-2) will put his belt on the line for the first time when he takes on Irish challenger Blaine O’Driscoll (6-2) in the headliner. In addition, Jamie Richardson (6-5) will meet Phil Wells (11-5) in a welterweight bout, and Steve Aimable (11-5) takes on Josh Abraham (6-2) at lightweight.
Cage Warriors 99 takes place Nov. 17 at Charter Hall in Colchester, England. The card streams on UFC Fight Pass.
“Nathan Greyson is not an easy man to match because he can end the fight in so many ways, even in the later rounds as we learned earlier this year,” Cage Warriors President Graham Boylan stated. “It takes a truly game competitor to get in that cage with him and we have that in Blaine O’Driscoll. This will be an awesome main event.”
Greyson won the vacant flyweight title in March in his promotional debut with a third-round TKO of Sam Creasey. It was his third straight win, all by knockout, and all six of his career wins have come by stoppage.
“Line them all up,” Greyson stated. “I’m knocking them down like bowling pins. Bring them all. I’m here for world domination, nothing less.”
O’Driscoll, who trains at SBG Ireland in Dublin, home of Conor McGregor, will return to Cage Warriors for the first time since a March 2017 knockout win over Darren O’Gorman at Cage Warriors 81. In May, he got back in the win column with a first-round rear-naked choke submission over Aaron Robinson at BAMMA 35.
The Cage Warriors 99 lineup now includes:
- Champ Nathan Greyson vs. Blaine O’Driscoll – for flyweight title
- Jamie Richardson vs. Phil Wells
- Jason Radcliffe vs. James Webb
- Nathan Jones vs Brad Wheeler
- Steve Aimable vs Josh Abraham
- Mads Burnell vs TBA
- Darren O’Gorman vs TBA
- Corrin Eaton vs TBA
- Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler rematch headlines new Bellator 'Salute the Troops' event in Hawaii
- Bellator 208's Fedor Emelianenko 'can't be offended' by Chael Sonnen's talk
- Dillon Danis says claims he insulted Khabib's religion to set off UFC 229 brawl are a smear
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Nathan Greyson defends flyweight title vs. Blaine O'Driscoll at Cage Warriors 99