Neil Magny will remain in next weekend’s UFC Fight Night 130 co-headliner, after all.
This past month, Gunnar Nelson (16-3-1 MMA, 7-3 UFC) announced that a knee injury forced him out of his fight with Magny (20-6 MMA, 13-5 UFC). Today, officials announced a late replacement: promotional newcomer Craig White (14-7 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
UFC Fight Night 130 takes place May 27 at Echo Arena in Liverpool, England. The card airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Magny, No. 14 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA welterweight rankings, recently defeated former UFC interim champ Carlos Condit via decision for his second win in three fights. The 30-year-old also picked up a decision victory over ex-champ Johny Hendricks during that span.
He’ll likely be a pretty big favorite at the sports books when he meets White, a 27-year-old English fighter who’s riding a four-fight winning streak while competing for one of Europe’s most prominent organizations, Cage Warriors. All 14 of White’s career wins have come via stoppage (five knockouts and nine submissions).
The official UFC Fight Night 130 card includes:
MAIN CARD (FS1, 1 p.m. ET)
- Stephen Thompson vs. Darren Till
- Neil Magny vs. Craig White
- Arnold Allen vs. Mads Burnell
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Jason Knight
- Manny Bermudez vs. Davey Grant
- Eric Spicely vs. Darren Stewart
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 11 a.m. ET)
- Claudio Henrique da Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
- Tom Breese vs. Daniel Kelly
- Don Madge vs. David Teymur
- Molly McCann vs. Gillian Robertson
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9:30 a.m. ET)
- Trevor Smith vs. Elias Theodorou
- Brad Scott vs. Salim Touahri
- Lina Lansberg vs. Gina Mazany
- Newcomer Abu Azaitar official for UFC Hamburg, meets Vitor Miranda
- Raquel Pennington's head coach defends speech urging her to fight fifth round at UFC 224
- UFC 224 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Neil Magny remains in UFC Liverpool co-headliner as newcomer replaces Gunnar Nelson