WSOF, ACB and KSW vet Abu Azaitar is again set for his first UFC fight.
UFC Fight Night 134 takes place July 22 at Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany. It airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Azaitar, a 32-year-old Moroccan-German fighter, signed with the UFC in 2017 and was tentatively scheduled to fight Siyar Bahadurzada at UFC Fight Night 115 in September, but an injury forced him off the card. He now fights for the first time since October 2016, when he scored a decision victory over Michael Arrant at WSOF 33. It marked his fourth straight win and moved him to 8-0-1 since 2012.
He now meets Miranda, who could be fighting for his job. The 39-year-old Brazilian was a runner-up on “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3” and lost the tournament final to Antonio Carlos Junior in his UFC debut. He then won three straight UFC fights, but in his past two bouts, he’s suffered decision losses to Chris Camozzi and Marvin Vettori.
The latest UFC Fight Night 134 card includes:
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Mauricio Rua
- Stefan Struve vs. Marcin Tybura
- Marc Diakiese vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Jeremy Kimball vs. Darko Stosic
- Ilir Latifi vs. Glover Teixeira
- Justin Ledet vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- Abu Azaitar vs. Vitor Miranda
- Raquel Pennington's head coach defends speech urging her to fight fifth round at UFC 224
- UFC 224 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
- New Hall of Famers Dan Henderson, 'Shogun' Rua on their UFC 139 all-time classic
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Newcomer Abu Azaitar official for UFC Hamburg, meets Vitor Miranda