The UFC’s debut event in Utica appears to have a nearly full lineup.
UFC Fight Night 131 takes place June 1 at Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, N.Y. It airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Lentz, who now fights for the 20th time during his nine-year UFC run, recently earned a “Performance of the Night” bonus after submitting former Bellator champ Will Brooks for a substantial upset in November. The 33-year-old wrestler, who’s won four fight-night bonuses during his lengthy UFC run, is now on a 3-1 run and is a solid 7-3 since a three-fight winless streak in 2012.
Santos, meanwhile, is a 38-year-old Brazilian fighter and world-champion grappler who returns from a 19-month layoff due to injuries. He won “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2” in 2013 and then officially joined the UFC roster, where he’s unbeaten (5-0-1), which included a 2015 “Performance of the Night” TKO upset of upcoming UFC headliner Kevin Lee.
The latest UFC Fight Night 131 card includes:
- Marlon Moraes vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Vinc Pichel
- Sam Alvey vs. Gian Villante
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Lauren Murphy
- Walt Harris vs. Daniel Spitz
- Jarred Brooks vs. Hector Sandoval
- Jessica Aguilar vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Ben Saunders
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Teymur
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Desmond Green vs. Gleison Tibau
- Belal Muhammad vs. Niko Price
- Nik Lentz vs. Leonardo Santos
- Why UFC Glendale winner Brad Tavares says Ray Sefo was a pivotal figure in career
- On Dustin Poirier, Justin Gaethje, and the competing visions of success in today's UFC
- Daily Debate: Can underdog CM Punk beat Mike Jackson and score his first UFC win?
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Nik Lentz vs. Leonardo Santos is 13th addition to UFC Utica