Saint Preux (22-10 MMA, 10-5 UFC), who’s No. 9 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA light-heavyweight rankings, and honorable mention Latifi (13-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) were recently pulled from a UFC on FOX 27 matchup and will fight at UFC on FOX 28 instead.
The rebooked fight, which UFC officials announced via orlandosentinel.com, takes place four weeks later than that original booking.
UFC on FOX 28 takes place Feb. 28 at Amway Center in Orlando, Fla. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Saint Preux, a 34-year-old from Tennessee, is on a three-fight winning streak that includes two consecutive fight-night bonuses. Most recently, he scored a head-kick knockout win over Corey Anderson at UFC 217. Prior to that, he had back-to-back Von Flue choke finishes of Marcos Rogerio de Lima and Yushin Okami. He had three straight losses (against top contenders) before his recent three-fight winning streak.
Latifi, a 34-year-old Swedish fighter who hoped to maintain the OSP matchup despite his injury, recently picked up a unanimous-decision win over Tyson Pedro at UFC 215 to rebound from a knockout loss to Ryan Bader. He’s on a 4-1 run in his past five fights.
A bantamweight bout between Russell Doane (15-7 MMA, 3-4 UFC), who recently halted a four-fight skid with a TKO victory over Kwan Ho Kwak, and Rani Yahya (24-9 MMA, 9-3 UFC), who’s on a 4-1 run following a recent submission victory over Henry Briones, is also now official for the card.
The latest UFC on FOX 28 card includes:
- Ilir Latifi vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
- Alan Jouban vs. Ben Saunders
- Jessica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres
- Max Griffin vs. Mike Perry
- Renan Barao vs. Brian Kelleher
- Sam Alvey vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Sara McMann vs. Marion Reneau
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- Russel Doane vs. Rani Yahya
- David Branch vs. TBA
- Underdog Stipe Miocic feels disrespected ahead of UFC 220, but still planning 'and still'
- UFC 220's Francis Ngannou planning quick win, and pretty sure Stipe Miocic rematch won't happen right away
- Daniel Cormier doesn't expect easy win vs. Volkan Oezdemir, but expects to win nonetheless
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Ovince Saint Preux vs. Ilir Latifi rebooked for UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando