UFC Fight Night 137 goes down in Sao Paulo on Saturday night, which means we have to face the somewhat unorthodox nickname methods so often employed in Brazil. For a little help in that department, I turned to MMAjunkie’s own Fernanda Prates, who will be weighing in when needed below. On to the rankings!
28. Christos Giagos: The Spartan
Please, no. Not another Spartan. We’re all stocked up here, thanks.
24. (tie) Thales Leites: ???
Marina Rodriguez: ???
Evan Dunham: ???
Augusto Sakai: ???
No known nicknames for this bunch, even though it includes two veterans of the sport in Leites and Dunham. If they made it this long without one, no sense in reaching for one now, I guess.
23. Ryan Spann: Superman
So you chose as your nickname maybe the most well-known superhero of all time? Cool, cool. The only thing keeping this from falling further in the rankings is the fact that he really committed to it with a Superman tattoo.
22. Gillian Robertson: The Savage
A quick search turns up at least 100 different fighters with some version of this same nickname. At that point, none of you are the savage. You are all, at best, a savage.
21. Luigi Vendramini: The Italian Stallion
Bro, when your name is Luigi Vendramini I’m not sure you really need to do anything extra to let us know that you are of Italian descent.
- UFC Fight Night 137 play-by-play and live results (6:30 p.m. ET)
- Logan Paul invokes CM Punk in response to Dana White: 'Stop acting like you do it for the sport'
- Andre Ewell almost turned down Renan Barao (before he missed weight)
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Ranking every nickname at UFC Sao Paulo, from worst to best