The UFC’s first event in Russia continues to build with the addition of a middleweight fight.
Krzysztof Jotko (19-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) is set to take on Adam Yandiev (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), according to a report from MMA-Today.com. Although UFC officials have not formally announced the booking, Jotko tweeted he’ll have an announcement soon and teased his inclusion on the Russia card.
UFC Fight Night 136 takes place Sept. 15 at Olympic Stadium in Moscow. The entire event streams on UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
After winning six of his first seven fights in the UFC, Poland’s Jotko has fallen into a rough patch. The 28-year-old has lost three straight. He went 0-2 in 2017 with a split-decision loss to former two-division WSOF champion David Branch and a knockout loss to Uriah Hall. He tried to rebound in April at UFC on FOX 29, but Brad Tavares stopped him with a second-round knockout.
Moscow’s own Yandiev will fight in front of his home fans and try to extend the perfect start to his career. In nine fights, the 30-year-old has nine first-round finishes with six submissions and three knockouts. He’s particularly fond of going after necks with four chokce submissions and a pair of neck crank tapouts.
With the addition, the UFC Fight Night 136 card includes:
- Mark Hunt vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Andrei Arlovski
- Omari Akhmedov vs. C.B. Dollaway
- Merab Dvalishvili vs. Terrion Ware
- Report: Krzysztof Jotko vs. Adam Yandiev
- UFC Fight Night 134 weigh-in results: 'Shogun' Rua (206), Anthony Smith (205) set for headliner
- Donald Cerrone, Mike Perry to throw down at UFC Denver
- How you lose and bounce back in the UFC, according to Emil Meek
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Report: Krzysztof Jotko vs. Adam Yandiev set for UFC Fight Night 136 in Moscow