The lineup for what the UFC is expecting to be the biggest pay-per-view in its history continues to grow.
A lightweight fight between Scott Holtzman (11-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Brazil’s Alan Patrick (15-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has been added to UFC 229. The booking first was reported by Brazilian news outlet Combate, though it has not yet been formally announced by the UFC.
UFC 229 takes place Oct. 6 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Holtzman is on the uptick with his first winning streak since signing with the UFC in 2015. He alternated wins and losses his first four bouts in the promotion, but now has back-to-back decision victories over Michael McBride and Darrell Horcher, both in 2017. After the win over Horcher, Holtzman signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC.
Patrick has won three straight fights since suffering the only loss of his pro career, a head-kick TKO against Mairbek Taisumov at UFC Fight Night 69 in Berlin. After that setback, he has decision wins over Damien Brown, Stevie Ray and Damir Hadzovic. The latter came in February after Patrick was on the sidelines for 18 months.
With the addition, the latest UFC 229 lineup includes:
- Champ Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor – for lightweight title
- Derrick Lewis vs. Alexander Volkov
- Jussier Formiga vs. Sergio Pettis
- Yana Kunitskaya vs. Lina Lansberg
- Ryan LaFlare vs. Tony Martin
- Felice Herrig vs. Michelle Waterson
- Dominick Reyes vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
- Scott Holtzman vs. Alan Patrick
- Warrant to be issued for Donny Aaron, Andrea Lee's husband, after alleged domestic abuse
- MMA pay structure makes Oscar De La Hoya 'sick,' but which end of the spectrum will 'Golden Boy' seek to improve?
- Anthony Smith volunteers to fight Jimi Manuwa at UFC Fight Night 137
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Report: Scott Holtzman vs. Alan Patrick added to UFC 229 in Las Vegas