A bantamweight bout set for next month in Denver is off due to an injury.
Ricardo Ramos (12-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is out of a fight against Ricky Simon (14-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 139. Simon announced the news on Facebook, confirming an initial report from MMAFighting.com.
UFC Fight Night 139 takes place Nov. 10 at Pepsi Center in Denver. Broadcast plans for the event have not been announced, but main card fights are expected to air on FS1 following prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Ramos was going to come into the bout on a four-fight winning streak, including three straight to open his UFC career. Most recently, he outpointed Kyung Ho Kang via split decision at UFC 227, a hard-fought win that followed a spinning back elbow knockout of Aiemann Zahabi at UFC 217.
Simon, a former LFA champ, was set to return to the octagon after a pair of wins, including a gritty decision over Montel Jackson at UFC 227. In his debut, he pulled off a last-second submission of Merab Dvalishvili at UFC Fight Night 128. It is not yet known if he’ll remain on the card against a new opponent.
With the change to the card, UFC Fight Night 139 now includes:
- Frankie Edgar vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Donald Cerrone vs. Mike Perry
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Ray Borg
- Maycee Barber vs. Maia Stevenson
- Germaine de Randamie vs. Raquel Pennington
- Amanda Cooper vs. Ashley Yoder
- Luis Pena vs. Mike Trizano
- Bobby Moffett vs. Chas Skelly
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Saparbeg Safarov
- Beneil Dariush vs. Chris Gruetzemacher
- Ricky Simon vs. TBA
- Topsy-turvy UFC 230 lineup, bout order set with Cormier-Lewis title headliner
- It wasn't Argentina, but hey – Michael Johnson did kind of get his wish against Artem Lobov
- Michael Johnson in for Zubaira Tukhugov, meets Artem Lobov at UFC Moncton
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Ricardo Ramos out of UFC Denver bout vs. Ricky Simon