Sijara Eubanks won’t get a shot at a title, but she will fight at UFC 230.
The contest serves as a rematch of the semifinals of The Ultimate Fighter 26 tournament, which Eubanks won by decision to earn her spot in the UFC’s first women’s flyweight title fight. However, Modafferi ultimately took her place in the contest when Eubanks was unable to make weight.
Eubanks had been outspoken on social media in the past 24 hours after she was removed from a planned women’s flyweight title fight at UFC 230 against Valentina Shevchenko (15-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) when promotion officials elected to move “Bullet” to the following month’s UFC 231 event against Joanna Jedrzejczyk. However, with her pleas of a replacement fight now answered, “Sarj” seems to be content with the booking.
Eubanks made her official UFC debut in June, scoring a decision win over Lauren Murphy at UFC Fight Night 131. Meanwhile, Modafferi is currently 1-1 in her second UFC run, which includes a July TKO win over Barb Honchak at The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale.
With the addition to the card, UFC 230 now includes:
- Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis – for heavyweight title
- Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman
- David Branch vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Israel Adesanya vs. Derek Brunson
- Jack Marshman vs. Karl Roberson
- Jason Knight vs. Jordan Rinaldi
- Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata
- Julio Arce vs. Sheymon Moraes
- Sultan Aliev vs. Lyman Good
- Shane Burgos vs. Kurt Holobaugh
- Montel Jackson vs. Domingo Pilarte
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Vladimir Putin meets with Khabib Nurmagomedov, congratulates champ on 'worthy' UFC 229 win
- Ryan LaFlare announces MMA retirement after more than 10 years, 10 UFC fights
- Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson rematch headlines UFC 232 for 205 title
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Sijara Eubanks will fight at UFC 230, after all