Two new fights have been added to the UFC’s April return to Arizona.
Tim Boetsch (21-11 MMA, 12-10 UFC) will take on Antonio Carlos Junior (9-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) in a middleweight bout, and Shana Dobson (3-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will fight Lauren Mueller (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in a women’s flyweight fight at UFC on FOX 29. Promotion officials recently announced the two new bookings.
UFC on FOX 29 takes place April 14 at Gila Rivera Arena in Glendale, Ariz., near Phoenix. The main card will air on FOX following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Boetsch got back in the win column this past June with a bonus-winning second-round TKO of former lightweight champion Johny Hendricks in Oklahoma City. That gave him a rebound from a submission loss to Ronaldo Souza. He has wins in three of his past four fights, all by knockout, after a rough patch that saw him drop four of five and six of eight.
Junior is on a roll with four straight wins after a TKO loss to Dan Kelly in Australia nearly two years ago. Since then, he has submissions of Leonardo Guimaraes, Eric Spicely and Jack Marshman and a decision victory over Marvin Vettori.
Dobson fought on Season 26 of “The Ultimate Fighter” as the 16th ranked fighter for coach Eddie Alvarez. In the opening round, she lost to top-seeded Roxanne Modafferi by TKO. But she got a fight at the TUF 26 Finale in Las Vegas and stopped Ariel Beck with a second-round TKO this past December. The lone loss of her career came to Nicco Montano, who won “TUF 26” to become the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion.
Mueller comes to the UFC by way of a decision win over Kelly McGill-Velasco this past August at Dana White’s Contender Series 8. That victory kept the 26-year-old perfect at 4-0 to start her pro career after three wins under the Gladiator Challenge banner.
With the additions, the latest UFC on FOX 29 card now includes:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje
- Matt Brown vs. Carlos Condit
- Arjan Bhullar vs. Adam Wieczorek
- John Moraga vs. Wilson Reis
- Dhiego Lima vs. Yushin Okami
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Brad Tavares
- Cortney Casey vs. Michelle Waterson
- Luke Sanders vs. Patrick Williams
- Tim Boetsch vs. Antonio Carlos Junior
- Shana Dobson vs. Lauren Mueller
- What's to become of you, Mark Hunt?
- UFC's Luke Rockhold could move to light heavyweight inside a year
- Khabib Nurmagomedov exchanges gifts with soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Tim Boetsch vs. Antonio Carlos Junior among additions to UFC on FOX 29 in Arizona