Sean O’Malley continued to make a name for himself as a bantamweight to watch, but there’s potential he’ll be out of action for a while.
O’Malley (9-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) may be sitting out for six months unless doctors clear both his left hand and left foot with X-rays following his win over Terrion Ware (17-7 MMA, 0-2 UFC) in the co-main event of the TUF 26 Finale this past Friday.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission released the medical suspensions to MMAjunkie today following the event, which it oversaw at Park Theater in Las Vegas. It aired on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Four fighters on the card were given potential six-month medical suspensions. Along with O’Malley, Barb Honchak (10-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC), Melinda Fabian (4-3-2 MMA, 0-0-1 UFC) and Ariel Beck (4-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) could be out for 180 days.
In the main event, Nicco Montano (4-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) won the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight title with a unanimous decision over Roxanne Modafferi (21-14 MMA, 0-2 UFC). Modafferi was given a 30-day suspension with no contact for 21 days.
The full list of medical suspensions from the TUF 26 Finale include:
- Roxanne Modafferi: Suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days.
- Sean O’Malley: Suspended 180 days unless cleared by doctor with left hand and left foot X-rays.
- Terrion Ware: Suspended 21 days with no contact for 14 days.
- Barb Honchak: Suspended 180 days unless cleared by doctor with right hand X-ray.
- Eric Spicely: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days.
- Melinda Fabian: Suspended 180 days or until broken left thumb cleared by doctor; in addition, suspended 21 days with no contact for 14 days.
- Ryan Janes: Suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days for hard fight.
- Andrew Sanchez: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for lip laceration.
- Ariel Beck: Suspended 180 days unless cleared by doctor with left wrist X-ray; in addition, suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days.
- TUF 26 Finale salaries: New UFC champ Nicco Montano banks $100,000
- What we talk about when we talk about building 'stars' in the MMA business
- Coach: Michael Bisping's 'done enough' in career, not worth continuing only for money
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: TUF 26 Finale medical suspensions: Four get potential six-month terms