BOSTON – Saturday’s UFC 220 event drew an announced attendance of 16,015 and a live gate of $2.45 million.
UFC officials announced the tallies after the event, which MMAjunkie attended. The attendance number is the new high-water mark for UFC attendance at TD Garden, though the gate number fell short of UFC 118’s $2.8 million.
UFC 220 took place at TD Garden in Boston, and the main card aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, Stipe Miocic dominated Francis Ngannou with a trio of 50-44 scores to defend his heavyweight title. In the co-feature, light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier stopped Volkan Oezdemir with a second-round TKO to retain his belt.
The UFC-Boston attendance marks include:
- “UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou” – 16,015 attendance ($2.45 million gate)
- “UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen” – 14,181 attendance ($1.53 million gate)
- “UFC 118: Edgar vs. Penn 2” – 14,168 attendance ($2.8 million gate)
- “UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor vs. Siver” – 13,828 attendance ($1.34 million gate)
- “UFC Fight Night 81: Dillashaw vs. Cruz” – 12,790 attendance ($1.3 million live gate)
- UFC 220 bonuses: Daniel Cormier, Abdul Razak Alhassan among $50,000 winners
- Twitter reacts to Stipe Miocic's historic title defense vs. Francis Ngannou at UFC 220
- UFC 220 results: After wild first, Stipe Miocic dominates Francis Ngannou to set UFC record
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC 220 draws announced 16,015 attendance for .45 million gate in Boston