The UFC kicks off the pay-per-view portion of 2018 this week, and the promotion has rolled out its “Embedded” treatment for a preview of UFC 220.
The event takes place Saturday at TD Garden in Boston and airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
In the headliner, heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic (17-2 MMA, 11-2 UFC), who’s No. 1 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA heavyweight rankings, takes on No. 2-ranked Francis Ngannou (11-1 MMA, 6-0 UFC). And in the co-main event, Daniel Cormier(19-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) meets Volkan Oezdemir (15-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) in his first title defense of his second go-round as light heavyweight champion.
Here’s the UFC’s description of the fourth “Embedded” episode:
On Episode 4 of UFC 220 Embedded, light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier shows off his makeshift in-room kitchen. His opponent Volkan Oezdemir takes in a Celtics game from the front row. Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic works out at a local boxing gym, and challenger Francis Ngannou follows up a training session with physical therapy. Then all four stars put on a show for fans at open workouts. UFC 220 Embedded is an all-access, behind-the-scenes video blog leading up to the world heavyweight championship bout at UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou on Saturday, January 20th on Pay-Per-View.
Check out the full episode in the video above.
- ‘UFC 220 Embedded,’ No. 1: Stipe Miocic is a champion, just not with a snow blower
- ‘UFC 220 Embedded,’ No. 2: A little boy’s message to Francis Ngannou
- ‘UFC 220 Embedded,’ No. 3: Daniel Cormier is not impressed with what he sees
- Video: Miocic and Ngannou, Cormier and Oezdemir get face to face in Boston
- UFC 220 pre-event facts: Stipe Miocic goes for heavyweight title history
- Hot Take: Daniel Cormier sounds off on Jon Jones reportedly passing a polygraph test
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: 'UFC 220 Embedded,' No. 4: Introducing the microphone master, Daniel Cormier