The lineup is taking shape for January’s UFC 220 event in Massachusetts.
UFC officials announced the fights via @BGlobeSports.
UFC 220 takes place Jan. 20 at TD Garden in Boston. It airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been determined.
Ortiz, who’s No. 12 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA flyweight rankings, is coming off a “Performance of the Night” win over Hector Sandoval. The 28-year-old registered the fastest knockout in flyweight history with the 15-second stoppage, which came after a 1-3 stretch against the upper echelon of the division. He now takes on No. 15-ranked Pantoja, a 27-year-old Brazilian who signed with the UFC after winning RFA and AXS TV “super fight” titles. He’s since defeated Eric Shelton (split decision) and Neil Seery (submission) to push his winning streak to 11 fights.
Bochniak, a 30-year-old from Massachusetts, went 6-0 with CES MMA before signing with the UFC, where he has decision losses to Charles Rosa and Jeremy Kennedy, and a decision victory over Enrique Barzola. He meets Davis, a 27-year-old from Mississippi who signed with the UFC after earning a decision win over Austin Arnett at DWCS 4. It was his seventh straight victory.
The latest UFC 220 lineup includes:
- Islam Makhachev vs. Gleison Tibau
- Dustin Ortiz vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Thomas Almeida vs. Rob Font
- Shane Burgos vs. Calvin Kattar
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Brandon Davis
- Trading Shots: Conor McGregor jumps in cage and crosses line, so now what?
- Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Dustin Poirier and UFC Fight Night 120's other winning fighters?
- Jake Collier looking for some momentum, and wants it at home at UFC-St. Louis
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC 220 in Boston gets new bouts, including Dustin Ortiz vs. Alexandre Pantoja