Alhassan (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) put Homasi (11-8 MMA, 0-3 UFC) out cold in the first round thanks to a massive right uppercut. The two were fighting again after Alhassan won a TKO at UFC 218 that most believed was stopped too early.
The welterweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today’s UFC 220 event at TD Garden in Boston. It aired on FS1 following additional prelims on UFC Fight Pass and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.
There seemed to be a little bad blood from Homasi, given the way their first meeting played out. He swung with bad intentions – but so did Alhassan to counter. Midway through the first round, Homasi got the fight to the canvas and wrapped Alhassan up – but had to eat his share of punches for the effort. Homasi appeared to be just stalling, so he was stood up with 100 seconds left. And on the feet, he ate a massive right hand from Alhassan that stunned him, and seconds later, a right uppercut put Homasi completely out on the canvas.
Alhassan used that bad blood to stand over the top of Homasi yelling down in a combination of jubilation and anger after the clean KO.
Alhassan won for the second straight time – both against Homasi. Homasi dropped his third straight, all in the UFC.
Up-to-the-minute UFC 220 results include:
- Abdul Razak Alhassan def. Sabah Homasi via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:47
- Dustin Ortiz def. Alexandre Pantoja via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Julio Arce def. Dan Ige via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Enrique Barzola def. Matt Bessette via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Islam Makhachev def. Gleison Tibau via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:57
(MMAjunkie’s Ken Hathaway contributed to this report on site in Boston.)
- UFC 220 results: Julio Arce outworks Dan Ige for decision in fight between DWCS products
- UFC 220 results: Takedowns help Enrique Barzola to unanimous decision over Matt Bessette
- UFC 220 results: Islam Makhachev KOs Gleison Tibau in 57 seconds to open card in Boston
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC 220 results: Abdul Razak Alhassan leaves no doubt in rematch with Sabah Homasi