Two highly anticipated title fights sit atop the bill of this week’s UFC 231 event, and the promotion’s popular “Embedded” series returns to get you ready.
UFC 231 takes place Saturday at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
In the night’s main event, featherweight champion Max Holloway (19-3 MMA, 15-3 UFC) faces undefeated contender Brian Ortega (14-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) in a showcase of two of the world’s most dynamic young talents. And in the co-main, former muay Thai rivals Valentina Shevchenko (15-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Joanna Jedrzejczyk (14-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) face off for the UFC’s vacant women’s flyweight title.
The fourth episode of “UFC 231 Embedded” previews those two contests. Here’s the UFC’s description:
On Episode 4 of UFC 231 Embedded, strawweight Nina Ansaroff readies for battle alongside Amanda Nunes, her fiancee and UFC’s bantamweight champion; opponent Claudia Gadelha expects a match of true mixed martial arts. Featherweight champion Max Holloway celebrates his birthday with his team, family and a makeshift low-cal cake. Former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk takes recommendations for breakfast orders, featherweight title contender Brian Ortega does interviews, and Holloway poses for the camera. Jedrzejczyk gets her makeup done side-by-side with fellow flyweight title challenger Valentina Shevchenko. Then the stars of both title bouts appear at the UFC 231 press conference to sound off and face off. UFC 231 Embedded is an all-access, behind-the-scenes video blog leading up to the two world title fights taking place Saturday, December 8th on Pay-Per-View.
Watch previous episodes of “UFC 231 Embedded” below:
- ‘UFC 231 Embedded,’ No. 3: How in the world did Max Holloway get mistaken for Tony Ferguson?
- ‘UFC 231 Embedded,’ No. 2: ‘It’s not Johnny Tsunami … It’s Mad Max riding the snow’
- ‘UFC 231 Embedded,’ No. 1: Pre-fight tacos, courtesy of the Brain
- Will UFC 231 be Max Holloway's last featherweight fight? Champ says 'not a shot'
- After UFC 231 faceoff, Brian Ortega isn't sold on Max Holloway fighting
- Katlyn Chookagian ready to jump into UFC 231 title fight, but only focused on Eye
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: 'UFC 231 Embedded,' No. 4: It gets a little awkward between Shevchenko, Jedrzejczyk