The UFC’s return to Atlanta after nearly three years is set for Saturday with UFC 236, and the promotion’s popular “Embedded” series returns to get you ready.
UFC 236 takes place at State Farm Arena in Atlanta. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN and UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, Max Holloway (20-3 MMA, 16-3 UFC), who is the current UFC featherweight champion, will move up to lightweight to run it back with Dustin Poirier (24-5 MMA, 16-4 UFC), who submitted “Blessed” in the first round of his octagon debut at UFC 143 in February 2012, in an interim championship bout. The co-headliner, meanwhile, will see Kelvin Gastelum (15-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC) fight unbeaten Israel Adesanya (16-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) for the interim middleweight strap.
The sixth episode of “UFC 236 Embedded” previews the two interim title fights. Here’s the UFC’s description:
On Episode 6 of UFC 236 Embedded, middleweight title contender Kelvin Gastelum gets in a champion mindset with his friend, flyweight titleholder Henry Cejudo. Athletes make weight Friday morning, including Gastelum’s opponent Israel Adesanya and headliners Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier. Holloway refuels with family, then heads to ceremonial weigh-ins where opponents face off in front of fans.
- ‘UFC 236 Embedded,’ No. 1: Max Holloway drives Porsches, mocks Conor McGregor
- ‘UFC 236 Embedded,’ No. 2: ‘I’m going to finish Max’
- ‘UFC 236 Embedded,’ No. 3: ‘Kelvin’s got a soft body … and a big head’
- ‘UFC 236 Embedded,’ No. 4: Enjoy a moment with ‘Mini Blessed’ and his old man
- ‘UFC 236 Embedded,’ No. 5: ‘He doesn’t see any pop in my shots, but he’ll find out’
- Who ya got?! Fighter predictions for Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier at UFC 236
- Max Holloway claps back at Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 236: 'Make that walk and show up'
- UFC 236 video: Holloway-Poirier, Gastelum-Adesanya get face-to-face one last time before fights
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: 'UFC 236 Embedded,' No. 6: Kelvin Gastelum gets a championship nod from Henry Cejudo