The flyweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today’s UFC 236 event at State Farm Arena in Atlanta. It aired on ESPN following additional prelims on UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+ and ahead of the main card on pay-per-view.
Pantoja was patient to open, studying from distance while Reis shuffled his hands and swayed side to side. Pantoja did his best to use kicks from range, but Reis eventually pressed forward behind punches and brought his opponent to the floor. Pantoja immediately popped back to his feet, but Reis locked the body and again brought the action to the canvas. Pantoja would not be denied, scooting to the cage and powering his way back to the feet.
On the restart, Pantoja landed a huge right hand down the middleBig punches on the floor followed, and while Reis did his best to recover, the attack was relentless. Referee Jason Herzog gave Reis an opportunity, but with Pantoja in firm control and raining down blows had no choice but to stop the fight at the 2:58 mark of the opening round.
Up-to-the-minute UFC 236 results include:
- Alexandre Pantoja def. Wilson Reis via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:58
- Max Griffin def. Zelim Imadaev via majority decision (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)
- Khalid Taha def. Boston Salmon via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:25
- Belal Muhammad def. Curtis Millender via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 30-26)
- Montel Jackson def. Andre Soukhamthath via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-27)
- Poliana Botelho def. Lauren Mueller via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brandon Davis def. Randy Costa via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:12
- UFC 236 results: Max Griffin takes home hard-fought decision in Zelim Imadaev grudge match
- UFC 236 results: Khalid Taha left hand earns 25-second win over Boston Salmon
- UFC 236 results: Belal Muhammad relentless pressure too much for Curtis Millender
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC 236 results: Alexandre Pantoja flawless in first-round finish of Wilson Reis