With the main event of Paul Felder vs. Dan Hooker booked, the rest of the UFC Auckland card is starting to take shape.
According to The New Zealand Herald, the UFC has confirmed three more fights: Tyson Pedro vs. Vinicius Moreira, Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ben Sosoli, and Jake Matthews vs. Emil Meek.
Pedro (7-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC) will return to the octagon for the first time since December 2018. He’s missed all of 2019 while recovering from knee surgery. Pedro will look to snap a two-fight losing streak. In his last fight at UFC Fight Night 142, Pedro lost to Mauricio Rua via third-round TKO.
Moreira (9-4 MMA, 0-3 UFC) will enter on a three-fight losing streak. He most recently was submitted by Paul Craig via rear-naked choke in September at UFC on ESPN+ 17.
Sosoli (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will return to the octagon for the second time after his fight with Greg Hardy last month at UFC on ESPN 6 was declared a no contest because of Hardy using an inhaler in between rounds. His opponent, de Lima (16-6-1 MMA, 5-4 UFC), has alternated wins and losses in his last seven bouts.
With the additions, the latest UFC Auckland card includes:
- Paul Felder vs. Dan Hooker
- Vinicius Moreira vs. Tyson Pedro
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ben Sosoli
- Jake Matthews vs. Emil Meek
- Magomed Mustafaev vs. Brad Riddell
- UFC Fight Pass 500 Moments video: Stipe Miocic knocks out Fabricio Werdum is No. 242
- Dana White, MMA community mourn Walt Harris' stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard
- Luke Rockhold believes he can physically match Nick Rodriguez at Polaris 12
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC Auckland adds three fights, including Tyson Pedro vs. Vinicius Moreira