The UFC will make annual stops in Singapore for the next three years.
Officials today announced a multi-year event deal that will feature shows on the island once per year.
The deal kicks off with the upcoming UFC Fight Night 132 show, which features a previously announced welterweight headliner of Donald Cerrone (33-10 MMA, 20-7 UFC) vs. Yves Edwards (15-3 MMA, 7-2 UFC).
Although details were initially sparse, officials have since confirmed that the June 23 event takes place at Singapore Indoor Stadium, and the entire lineup streams on UFC Fight Pass. However, the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Tickets go on sale to the general public starting April 25.
Due to the time difference, the event will likely kick off in the early morning hours in North America.
“After evaluating the success of our events last year, the appetite from our partners and rapidly growing MMA fan base, we feel it is the right time to make the Lion City a regular, annual stop on our live events calendar,” UFC Vice President, Asia Pacific Kevin Chang stated. “Singapore is home to Southeast Asia’s biggest and most talked-about events and remains a key market for us. We look forward to building on our growth from 2017, as we bring fans in this region even closer to world class MMA.”
The latest UFC Fight Night 132 card includes:
- Donald Cerrone vs. Leon Edwards
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Shinsho Anzai vs. Jake Matthews
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Jessica Eye
- Jenel Lausa vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
- Naoki Inoue vs. Matt Schnell
- Nadia Kassem vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Trading Shots: Has Justin Gaethje figured out what sells, or is he following a risky plan to a bitter end?
- MMA's week out of the cage: Holly Holm meets Justin Timberlake, Phil Baroni feeds a raccoon
- Free agent Luke Sanders hoping for financial stability after UFC on FOX 29 win
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC Fight Night 132 in Singapore to stream on UFC Fight Pass; three-year deal announced