Anderson (11-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) landed a dozen takedowns against former title challenger Teixeira (27-7 MMA, 10-5 UFC), who never was able to get started. Anderson swept the cards with a trio of 30-27 scores.
The light heavyweight bout was the co-main event of today’s UFC Fight Night 134 show at Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany. It aired on FS1 following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Anderson jabbed early, but Teixeira backed Anderson up with a right hand and put a combination together. Anderson went after a takedown 45 seconds into the fight, but Teixeira stayed upright. Midway through, Teixeira pressed Anderson up against the fence, but they didn’t stay there for long. Anderson dropped for a takedown and brought the fight to the canvas with two minutes left and he went to work from half-guard.
Teixeira got back to his feet quickly, but Anderson took him back down. Anderson took Teixeira’s back, but again the Brazilian worked to his feet. Anderson landed a solid uppercut with 45 seconds left, and then an overhand right followed. With 15 seconds left, Anderson landed another takedown, but right into a Teixeira guillotine choke. He survived it to see the second, though.
Anderson landed a right elbow in the first minute of the second, but hwen he tried it again Teixeira ducked under and broke away to the center of the cage. Two minutes into the round, Anderson hurt Teixeira with a right hand. Anderson worked his way to mount on the canvas, but Teixeira eventually got back to his feet. Anderson pieced him up with a few punches, though, and then took Teixeira back down with a minute to work. He finished the middle frame strong on top with ground-and-pound.
Anderson twice went after takedowns in the first minute of the third, but couldn’t finish them. He got the fight back to the canvas late in the round, when it was clear Teixeira didn’t have much to offer. Teixeira reversed things late in the round and landed a couple quick punches, but it was by far too little, too late.
Anderson won for the second straight time after a two-fight skid. Teixeira is back in the loss column after a TKO win over Misha Cirkunov this past December. He has alternated wins and losses his past six fights.
Up-to-the-minute UFC Fight Night 134 results include:
- Corey Anderson def. Glover Teixeira via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Abu Azaitar def. Vitor Miranda via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Marcin Tybura def. Stefan Struve via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Danny Roberts def. David Zawada via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Nasrat Haqparast def. Marc Diakiese via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Damir Hadzovic def. Nick Hein via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Bartosz Fabinski def. Emil Meek via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Nad Narimani def. Khalid Taha via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Aleksandar Rakic def. Justin Ledet via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-24, 30-24)
- Manny Bermudez def. Davey Grant via technical submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 0:59
- Darko Stosic def. Jeremy Kimball via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:13
- Pingyuan Liu def. Damian Stasiak via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Twitter reacts to Corey Anderson's grinding win over Glover Teixeira at UFC Fight Night 134
- UFC Fight Night 134 results: Abu Azaitar outworks Vitor Miranda for unanimous decision
- UFC Fight Night 134 results: Marcin Tybura chops down Stefan Struve for decision win
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC Fight Night 134 results: Corey Anderson makes easy work of Glover Teixeira