Oleinik (57-11-1 MMA, 6-2 UFC) got Hunt (13-13-1 MMA, 8-7-1 UFC) to the canvas, took his back and tapped him out with a rear-naked choke. The finish came with 34 seconds left in the first round.
The heavyweight bout was the main event of today’s UFC Fight Night 136 show at Olympic Stadium in Moscow. It streamed on UFC Fight Pass.
Oleinik pushed Hunt outside early, then ate a kick to his lead leg. Oleinik came forward 30 seconds in, but missed a right hand. Hunt landed a right kick, then easily slid away from a right hand. Ninety seconds in, Hunt landed a vicious right hand that would’ve put many fighters away – but Oleinik worked through it. But another hard leg kick from Hunt had Oleinik limping and looking for a takedown that didn’t come. Oleinik went after a takedown from a proverbial mile away.
But just when it seemed like the fight was Hunt’s, Oleinik landed a pair of punches that staggered Hunt. Oleinik went after a takedown with 1:20 left in the round and got it. He took Hunt’s back, then went after a rear-naked choke. He struggled to get under Hunt’s neck, but finally did. And Hunt had no choice but to tap.
Oleinik won for the second straight time and has wins in four of his past five. Hunt lost for the second straight time and now has dropped three of his past four.
Up-to-the-minute UFC Fight Night 136 results include:
- Aleksei Oleinik def. Mark Hunt via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:26
- Jan Blachowicz def. Nikita Krylov via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 2:41
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Andrei Arlovski via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alexey Kunchenko def. Thiago Alves via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Khalid Murtazaliev def. C.B. Dollaway via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 5:00
- Petr Yan def. Jin Soo Son via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Rustam Khabilov def. Kajan Johnson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Mairbek Taisumov def. Desmond Green via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Magomed Ankalaev def. Marcin Prachnio via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 3:09
- Jordan Johnson def. Adam Yandiev via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 0:42
- Merab Dvalishvili def. Terrion Ware via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-25)
- Ramazan Emeev def. Stefan Sekulic via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)
- Twitter reacts to Aleksei Oleinik's submission of Mark Hunt at UFC Fight Night 136
- UFC Fight Night 136 results: Alexey Kunchenko outworks Thiago Alves, calls out 'Cowboy' Cerrone
- UFC Fight Night 136 results: Khalid Murtazaliev brutalizes C.B. Dollaway for late-stoppage TKO
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC Fight Night 136 results: Aleksei Oleinik finds Mark Hunt's neck, gets first-round tap