Blachowicz (23-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) finisehd Krylov (24-6 MMA, 6-4 UFC) with a D’Arce choke just past the midway point of the second round at the 2:41 mark of the middle frame.
After his win, Blachowicz called out dual champion Daniel Cormier and said Cormier needs to defend his light heavyweight title, and he should be the man to challenge him. But he said if Cormier won’t give him a title shot, he’d like to fight Alexander Gustafsson, instead.
The light heavyweight bout was the co-main event of today’s UFC Fight Night 136 show at Olympic Stadium in Moscow. It streamed on UFC Fight Pass.
Krylov kicked twice early, then ate a kick to the body from Blachowicz. Krylov bounced on his feet, then threw a kick and followed it immediately with a takedown. Krylov tried to go to work on Blachowicz from up top. Blachowicz threatened with an armbar, then worked toward a potential triangle choke. Blachowicz then worked around threatened Krylov with a choke. Blachowicz tried to work from side control and dropped short elbows down.
Blachowicz got the fight to the canvas quickly in the second. Krylov briefly had a choke threat, but Blachowicz worked out of it into side control and stayed heavy. Midway through, Blachowicz worked around and got an arm triangle choke. He squeezed, and after a few moments, Krylov had to tap.
Blachowicz won for the fourth straight time. Krylov had a four-fight winning streak snapped in his return to the UFC.
Up-to-the-minute UFC Fight Night 136 results include:
- Jan Blachowicz def. Nikita Krylov via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 2:41
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Andrei Arlovski via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alexey Kunchenko def. Thiago Alves via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Khalid Murtazaliev def. C.B. Dollaway via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 5:00
- Petr Yan def. Jin Soo Son via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Rustam Khabilov def. Kajan Johnson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Mairbek Taisumov def. Desmond Green via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Magomed Ankalaev def. Marcin Prachnio via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 3:09
- Jordan Johnson def. Adam Yandiev via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 0:42
- Merab Dvalishvili def. Terrion Ware via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-25)
- Ramazan Emeev def. Stefan Sekulic via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)
- Twitter reacts to Jan Blachowicz's submission of Nikita Krylov at UFC Fight Night 136
- UFC Fight Night 136 results: Shamil Abdurakhimov gets past Andrei Arlovski
- UFC Fight Night 136 results: Alexey Kunchenko outworks Thiago Alves, calls out 'Cowboy' Cerrone
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC Fight Night 136 results: Jan Blachowicz submits Nikita Krylov, calls for shot at Cormier's title