DENVER – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s early and official UFC Fight Night 139 fighter weigh-ins, where the headliners made weight – but two women missed their marks.
Raquel Pennington missed weight for her women’s bantamweight bout against Germaine de Randamie. Pennington was 138 pounds and despite having an additional hour to cut, elected to not attempt to lose further weight. De Randamie was 136.
And Maycee Barber was 116.5 pounds for her women’s strawweight fight against Hannah Cifers, who was 115.5. Barber will use the additional hour to try to drop the additional half-pound.
Main-event featherweights Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez hit their marks to become official for the headliner. Jung was 146; Rodriguez was 145.5.
The early weigh-ins took place at the UFC host hotel in Denver. There are no ceremonial weigh-ins for the fans ahead of the event, which takes place Saturday at Pepsi Center in Denver. The card airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
The full UFC Fight Night 139 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (FS1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Chan Sung Jung (146) vs. Yair Rodriguez (145.5)
- Donald Cerrone (170) vs. Mike Perry (170.5)
- Germaine de Randamie (136) vs. Raquel Pennington (138)*
- Beneil Dariush (155.5) vs. Thiago Moises (156)
- Maycee Barber (116.5)** vs. Hannah Cifers (115.5)
- Luis Pena (155) vs. Mike Trizano (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Amanda Cooper (116) vs. Ashley Yoder (115.5)
- Bobby Moffett (146) vs. Chas Skelly (146)
- John Gunther (155.5) vs. Davi Ramos (156)
- Julian Erosa (155) vs. Devonte Smith (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Joseph Morales (125.5) vs. Eric Shelton (126)
- Mark De La Rosa (136) vs. Joby Sanchez (135.5)
* Pennington missed weight and will not attempt to cut further. De Randamie will receive a portion of Pennington’s purse.
** Barber missed weight on her first attempt, but has one additional hour to reach the strawweight limit.
- Meet the UFC's new anti-Conor McGregor: Hannah Cifers
- The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 189 – Denver: Yair Rodriguez, Donald Cerrone, Mike Perry
- T.J. Dillashaw moving down to face flyweight champ Henry Cejudo at UFC 233
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC Fight Night 139 weigh-in results: Pennington, Barber miss; headliners on mark